- This event has passed.
Serger Jacket, Joan Friedrich, January 16th
January 16 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$100.00
- using fusible thread
- applying elastic, 3 different applications
- using the 15mm double fold knit binder
- shearing fabric with elastic thread
- more on the belt loop binders
- inside and outside corners
- and more.
This will be your time to ask how, what, when and where.
This is a fun filled class. The samples will inspire you to make more out of your serger or show you what a serger will do for your swing needs.
Don’t have a serger but interested in learnng, just let us know and you can rent one for class. Give us a call so that we can arrange for a machine for you.
Don’t have a Baby Lock. Doesn’t matter bring your serger and you will be amazed how much you will learn.
Want to upgrade? Then this is the time.
What to bring to class:
- 4 spools of Black thread (serger)
- 12 wt. decorative thread color of your choice Razzle or Madeira decorative 12 wt.
- fusible thread (if you don’t have it, Miss D’s does)
- Fray Block seam sealant
- Extra Serger needles ELx705CF 80/12 and 90/14
- 1/4″ wonder tape
- Wonder clips
- Note pad and pencil for taking extra notes
- Camera/phone for taking pictures of samples
- All serger accessories that came with the machine including the cover stitch table, white screws, accessory pouches (2) and all of the contents, telescopic thread guide and antenna, back spool stand and power cord.
- Bring any feet that you may have. If you do not have the foot for a particular technique Joan will provide one for you to use at the event. Don’t forget, all feet borrowed must be returned to Joan by the end of the event.
- Double eye needle
When: January 16th, Monday
Time: 9:30 – 4:30
Cost: $100.00; fee includes light lunch (3 days) and instructor fee.
Remember any items purchased at Miss D’s for class receive a 15% discount. Please let us know in advance if you will need supplies, so that we can ensure we have what you need at hand.
Here is an introduction to Joan: She enjoys all types of Sewing. She started sewing the age of 6. And has been sewing ever since. When she was in high school she took home economics and started sewing her own clothes. Joan sewed as a young mother and wife but did not pursue a career until the mid-80s. She learned how to quilt and started teaching guilt classes. In 1994 she bought her first Baby Lock serger. Joan learned to use the serger for piecing quilts, home deco projects and making clothes. In March of 2000 she became a National Baby Lock Educator teaching around the country. She likes all aspects of the sewing world has to offer these days. She has become a master of the serger and offers technique and project classes. Being a quilter for many years her love for quilting is very passionate. Some of her accomplishment are: being a guest on the Nancy Zieman show when she created Serger crochet. In 2002 she became a Certified Martha Pullen license instructors for Baby Lock. Teaching at the Nancy Zieman Sewing Retreat has inspired her to make projects for various levels of sewers. She resides on a working farm in northern Alabama.
Please note the start time of the class, out of respect and courtesy for all attending, plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early so that you might be set up and ready to go at the start time. If you need any assistance moving, loading, and setting up your machine, please let us know.
Please note: Classes must be paid in advance, you are placed on wait list until class fees are paid. Cancellations will be accepted until 7 days prior to class, you may be offered the option of store credit or refund. Miss D’s will work with you every way possible. No refunds or store credit available after this date.